Homoeopathy is a medical science developed by German physician Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843). It is based on the principle that ‘like cures like’. In simple terms, this means that any substance which can produce symptoms in a healthy person can cure similar symptoms in a sick person. This idea is referred to as the ‘Law of Similars’ and was understood by Aristotle and Hippocrates and mentioned in ancient Hindu manuscripts. It was Hahnemann, however, who turned it into a science of healing.
Here are examples of this principle:
- An onion is a substance which makes your eyes water and your nose burn. If you are having an attack of hayfever with watering eyes and a burning nose, a homoeopathic remedy made from onion may relieve it.
- If you have a history of the bacteria Salmonella (food poisoning), the physical symptom picture may be vomiting, nausea and diarrhoea. We can imprint the vibration (cellular memory) of the Salmonella into a homoeopathic remedy to help cancel it out.
- As a Naturopath, Libby often has patients who have fallen ill following a holiday in Bali, commonly due to a parasite. In this case, we can imprint the vibration of the specific parasite into a homoeopathic remedy, in order to cancel out the cellular memory in the body.
- Further examples of this principle include a tick or a spider bite and Ross River virus contracted from a mosquito bite.
Change your life and experience these benefits from Homoeopathy:
- Enjoy a clear and focused mind;
- Feel healthy and full of energy;
- Improve your skin and look younger; and
- Lose weight and look great.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you!